For views, taste, style, and tradition, the Cermeniza Villas and Vineyards at Skadar Lake are best in class. These newly constructed (2017) traditional style villas lie in the heart of historic Zabes Village on the outskirts of Virpazar. The 500 years of tradition at the family vineyards produced the wine of the year in Montenegro in 2016. The magical wetlands of Skadar Lake nearby offers so much to see and do in this magical place of organic foods and unmatched beauty. This is the perfect combination of Montenegrin tradition and modern amenities.
This eco vineyard resort offers up 4 traditional style villas with a swimming pool and free parking for guests. Each villa includes a full kitchen and private bathroom. On the estate, tourists can enjoy the two-hundred-year-old wine cellar.
Guests will experience the unique wine culture through a tour of the centuries-old vineyards. Nemanja and his grandfather will share from the family knowledge and stories about the vineyards and fine wines. With the family wine, guests have the option to taste the domestic foods prepared by the family: goat cheese, prosciutto, olives and marinated lake carp–a specialty that is only available in Montenegro. During a guest’s stay, the family will organize many tours on the lake, to the old Montenegrin villages, and ride through the 100-year-old roads from Skadar Lake to the sea shores and medieval coastal towns.
The villas at Cermeniza offer an ideal location on Skadar Lake. Just 20 km away from the Podgorica airport, the property is also only 24 km from Bar, the nearest city on the coast, making it easy to spend time on any of a number of beaches. Also, the heart of Virpazar, the central lakeside town, is only 1.4 km away. The location offers an ideal base for visiting all the beauties of Skadar Lake as well as to explore other amazing parts of Montenegro.
FEATURES OF THE CERMENIZA VILLAS AND VINEYARDS AT SKADAR LAKE
- Located 1.4 km from Skadar Lake in the historic Zabes Village, adjacent to Virpazar
- The Cermeniza Eco Resort – offers 4 newly constructed villas for rent:
- Kratošija Villa – sleeps 2 to 4 people
- Vranac Villa – sleeps 2 to 4 people
- Sardone Villa – sleeps 4 to 6 people
- Krstač Villa – sleeps 2 people
- Each villa has a private bathroom with shower and hair dryer
- Welcome drink and wine tasting included with a 3-night stay
- Welcome dinner and wine tasting included with a 5-night stay
- Self-prepared breakfast with organic domestic food ingredients
- Free use of pool and entertaining area
- Free use of bikes and kayaks
- Linens and towels provided
- Free WiFi
- Private parking area on the property
- English spoken fluently