Above the Mountains Katun in Durmitor offers hikers a place to rest and experience local culture. In the village of Nadgora, this mountain house farm stay lies in the heart of Durmitor National Park. This is an ideal place for hikers that use it as a multi-day base to explore the peaks and lakes in the center of the park or as an overnight hut for thru hikers.
A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Durmitor’s collection of peaks and glacial lakes provide an incredible number of treks to take and places to explore. Nearby the katun is the little-known Čurevac Vidikovac. This spot offers the highest lookout on the southern side of the Tara Canyon.
In addition to unbelievable surroundings, the Above the Mountains Katun also holds out for travelers an explosion of farm to table flavors. With multiple gardens, flora diversity providing local flavors through foraging, and home-cured prsut, the Obradovic family will introduce hikers to the rich village culture of the Montenegrin people.
FEATURES OF Above the Mountains Katun in Durmitor national Park
- Traditional Montenegrin mountain home in the katun village of Nadgora inside Durmitor National Park
- Located on the #1 scenic road in Montenegro (P14)
- Dinner and breakfast included with overnight stay – 30 euros per person (2nd child 10 and under is free)
- Multiple rooms that sleep up to 11 people
- Two outdoor dining and seating areas to enjoy nature and community
- Bathroom facilities include an outhouse and a sink with running water
- Foods and beverages are traditional, organic farm to table
- Multiple gardens with vegetables and flowers grown for balms
- Smokehouse for preparing local delicacy pršut
- Brown bag lunches available
- Ideally located as a base for hikers or for overnight stay for thru hikes
- 800 m hike to Govedje Jezero
- 2.4 km hike to Ćurevac Lookout over Tara Canyon
- 14 km hike to Black Lake
- 23 km hike to Bobotov Kuk
- Strong cellular signal accessible
- Free parking available on site