Northern Montenegro continues to grow in popularity due to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Durmitor National Park. An adjacent, equally breathtaking natural feature is Piva Canyon with the deep blue river and lake waters that accentuate the mountains. So, if you could find a farm stay with unique access to Piva Lake and easy access to Durmitor and the best rafting in the country, that would be pretty ideal. That place is the Mitric Farm Stay at Piva Canyon in Montenegro.
Guests here have exclusive access to the second floor with exterior entry. The whole floor may be rented for family travel or larger groups. Also, budget-oriented travelers can rent just a room with access to the common living areas.
The organics and food options here are the real Montenegro. With a greenhouse, gardens, and an orchard, fresh farm to table happens throughout the summer and late into the fall. Also, Zeljko is a master beekeeper. He maintains three family apiary sites including one on the grounds here. The organic honey here also goes to make a very respectable Medovica or Mead.
This location is ideal for travelers with access to their own vehicle. Take the day and hike down to a secluded beach area of Piva Lake, drive from the Piva Canyon through Durmitor, or make a day trip for some excellent white water adventures.
FEATURES OF THE Mitric Farm Stay at Piva Canyon
- The Mitric Farm Stay is 110 km from the Podgorica airport, 148 km from Tivat, and 154 km from the Dubrovnik, Croatia airport
- The Mitric Farm Stay is located outside of Pluzine adjacent to the Piva Monastery
- 20 minute hike down to a secluded Piva Lake beach
- 10 minute drive to a second secluded Piva Lake swimming and fishing area
- 30 km drive from Durmitor National Park (along one of the most beautiful stretches of scenery in the country
- 52 km drive from best white water adventures
- 3 bedrooms each with two twin beds
- Large terrace with comfortable seating area
- Bathroom with tub, shower, and washing machine
- Equipped kitchen
- Linens and towels are provided
- Organic, national food meals available in covered outdoor setting
- Ideal launch point for exploration of the Piva Canyon and Durmitor
- Wifi available
- Free parking