Prokletije National Park holds out great adventures for mountain bikers, hikers, and nature lovers. The area now offers local culture with stays in a Montengrin katun too. These mountain huts, usually grouped together for community, are a unique part of the Montenegrin culture where shepherds would sleep during the summer months. While this is still the case for some katuns, others can be a memorable get-away for adventurers of all sizes. Samel’s Cottage in Prokletije National Park offers a perfect night or extended stay for MTB and hiking groups.
Ermina puts on a clinic when it comes to national foods. We were stuffed when we finished at her table. You will be too. It’s all delicious–especially the national cakes that she bakes. With a huge desire to provide great hospitality to all that stay at Samel’s Cottage, she insists that breakfast is included with a night’s stay. You can get your calories in before heading out to massive adventure all around.
Located inside the rugged Prokletije National Park, Samel’s Cottage works for those taking the Peaks of the Balkans route or for day outings to any of the surrounding peaks as well as the local favorite but still largely undiscovered Hridsko Lake. You will definitely want to add that spot to your do-not-miss list.
Features of Samel’s Cottage in Prokletije National Park
- Sustainable, eco-friendly farm stay that is solar and wood-burning powered
- Separated two-story cabin that sleeps 4 on top and 4 on bottom
- Upstairs and downstairs terrace
- Breakfast included with overnight stay
- Gazebo and seating area to enjoy nature and company
- Bathroom facilities include running water and hot shower
- Outdoor dining options
- Lunch, dinner, and brown bag lunches available
- 3 km from Hridsko Lake
- Foraging and hiking options available