Want to experience a European holiday that you will remember for a lifetime? Then, it is time to climb aboard the train with Eurail and see the world and all its beauty. First things first, you need to plan where you will travel. Planning your Eurail trip is all part of the fun.
Absorb the unique blend of culture, ancient tales and architectural treasures on this new journey with Eurail. Meandering through verdant landscapes and along turquoise coastlines, this new Eurail route delivers an adventure through the Balkan nations and their surrounding countries.
Encompassing ten countries, Meanderbug suggests you hop aboard this Eurail example itinerary to sample a taste of the eclectic cultures and customs found in South Europe. Combining Venetian vibrancy with the Adriatic Sea coastlines and the opulent Ottoman architecture, the #NewBalkans Line provides the perfect blend to stimulate your senses. 🙂
Highlights of This Route
• Travel by train through some of the Balkans’ finest and contrasting cities
• Catch a vaporetto to the islands of Venice’s Lagoon
• Explore Tivoli City Park in Ljubljana, Slovenia
• Browse The Museum of Contemporary Art in Zagreb, Croatia
• Discover Sarajevo’s poignant history and enjoy a coffee in Old Town
• Window shop on the famous Knez Mihajlova Street in Belgrade, Serbia
• Relax on the coast of the Adriatic in Bar, Montenegro
• Soak up the atmosphere at Aristotelous Square in Thessaloniki, Greece
• Admire the ancient church of St George in Sofia, Bulgaria
• See the Romanian “little Paris” in Bucharest, Romania
Vienna – Venice
Venice – Ljubljana
Ljubljana – Zagreb
Zagreb – Sarajevo (Newly added to Global Pass)
Sarajevo – Belgrade (Newly added to Global Pass)
Belgrade – Bar (Newly added to Global Pass)
Bar – Belgrade (Newly added to Global Pass)
Belgrade – Thessaloniki
Thessaloniki – Sofia (Newly added to Global Pass)
Sofia – Bucharest
Venturing through the intriguing countries of the former Yugoslavia, you will see the rich past of this captivating region. Eurail is your passport for exploring the New Balkans. Don’t feel like you have to travel everyday, never stopping in one place long enough to see anything. How far and fast you want to go is up to you, and you don’t need to be on the move the whole time to get the maximum value of the pass.
Disclosure: The above was sponsored by Eurail, rail specialists in experiencing the most of Europe – at your own pace. Follow our journey as our family of four hops aboard the trains in #NewBalkans.