A quaint eco-house, organic gardens, and lovely hosts in the outskirts of Podgorica. The Agape House and Community Garden invokes the ongoing hopes of the owners, Alex and Kristina, as well as offers a critique of society on a number of levels. Their hopes and dreams fit squarely within the realm of fresh, organic produce and vibrant, healthy community. Dreamers, doers, philosophers, storytellers, free spirits, and recovering type A’s will all find something special here.
The Agape Home is a simple, quaint two-story structure with an open living area on the bottom floor and the open space above for bedding. Previous residents have left their mark where they have crafted something that is now a part of the home making this little abode a coming together of nations. The sleeping area upstairs has 3 single beds with a fourth slightly removed in a mini loft.
While there is a greenhouse, several gardens, goats, and a place designated for permaculture gardening, it is the largest garden in front of the house that embodies what Alex and Kristina are all about. This is the community garden area. This is where kids and adults alike come to work together, to learn, and to share life. In the dirt and later around the table, the community and guests have the opportunity to enjoy life samo polako–take life slowly.
The Agape House and community garden are in the Mareza district which is on the outskirts of the capital city. For those that want to enjoy a community-oriented, ecologically friendly setting but still have access to the capital city, this is the ideal place. Besides gardening, prepping organic foods, and long conversations, there are hiking opportunities in the area including an ancient fortress. This also is a good place to make homebase to venture out to other spots along the coast to the south and the mountains to the north.
FEATURES OF THE AGAPE HOUSE AND COMMUNITY GARDEN
- Mareza lies about 4 km northwest of the center of Podgorica
- Living area on the first floor
- Four single beds on the upper floor
- Linens and towels are provided
- Small kitchen with bar
- Outdoor common dining and game area
- Participatory gardening and help with goats on the farm stay
- Access to organic produce and foraging in season
- Community meals prepared often
- Hiking in the nearby area with many hiking options nearby
- Accessible by public transport or by taxi
- Taxis from the city are several euros and from or to the airport are usually 8 euros
- Access to a couple bikes for store runs
- Fluent English
- Free wifi for guests
- Parking available in the area