Turn the noise down. This picturesque cabin with organic honey and fresh raspberries in season along with other organic farm produce make this a delightful enough place to stay for a few days. But it also provides access to Bjelasica Mountain, the Lim River, and nearby Bijelo Polje.
At the end of a well-paved road, this private cabin offers both an accessible escape as well as a base for exploring the north of Montenegro. This is a good base for day trips to three national parks including Durmitor, Biogradska Gora, and Prokletije. Also, this cabin can serve as a waypoint to hut-to-hut hiking or mountain biking across Mount Bjelasica.
Dalibor has put a lot of thought into the planning and construction of the home to make it work well for a range of travelers. He has installed an electric winch to allow for easy maneuvering of the ladder to the loft. Also, the furniture is on wheels making it customizable to setup a reading corner by the woodstove or to arrange a family game space.
This is the tip of northern Montenegro. Near Ravna Rijeka Selo, travelers have all the beauty of a morning coffee looking up at the mountain. On the adventure side, everything is possible including hiking, mountain biking, off road exploring, fishing, and world class spelunking in the Djalovic Cave. Nature lovers can also enjoy foraging opportunities on Bjelasica. For winter travelers, this is an ideal spot for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
FEATURES OF THE beekeeper’s Cabin Near Bijelo Polje
- Located in Majstorovina Village above Ravna Rijeka and 15 minutes from the heart of Bijelo Polje
- Located near the #6 and #13 most scenic roads in Montenegro (E80, E65) (P4)
- Beekeeper’s Cabin Near Bijelo Polje – 40 euros per night
- House sleeps 4 people with two single beds in the loft and a pullout couch that is a double bed.
- Wood burning stove
- Outdoor grill with dual propane burners for simple cooking options
- Bathroom with shower and hot water (waterflow slows in sub-zero temps affecting shower)
- Organic, national food meals are available
- Full access to the farm and vegetables
- Terrace with mountain views
- Free parking on property
- Easy access by train (15 minute hike from Ravna Rijeka train station)
- On a route to hut-to-hut hiking and biking on Bjelasica
- Hiking, mountain biking, spelunking, Nordic skiing all around