Jelovica is a magical little spot of nature in northern Montenegro. Her green valleys rise up from the Jelovica River all the way to transform into gentle mountain peaks. Nestled here on the green slopes are twin family cabins on Mount Bjelasica. A brother and sister, Gojko and Gorica, open their neighboring family cabins for travelers to bring their loved ones for a nature adventure that is sure to leave a lasting impression.
This area provides access to Kolasin and her ski centers as well as to the backside of Biogradska Gora National Park. But Jelovica is her own little nature center as well. With the natural spring up behind the cabins running down to the river at the bottom of the valley, there are plenty of strolls to be taken in the area. With so much water around, it is only natural for this to be an area for foragers looking for a number of items including wild mushrooms. For hikers looking to adventure a little further away, Lake Pesic lies up the mountain just a few hours hike away.
A range of food options are available for guests at either or both of the cabins. Gojko and his wife, Milica, are ready to use their organic produce grown in nearby Lubnice Village to prepare local dishes and beverages for their guests. The fare here will often include mushrooms and other foraged items. And, we suggest you plan to try a piece or three of one of Milica’s cakes.
This is an ideal location for a multi-day stay for off-road, hiking, MTB, foragers, and even for those that may want a bit of casual fishing down in the waters of the Jelovica River. There are small lake trout in this area and, as of the time of writing, no fishing license is required here.
Features of the Family Cabins on Mount Bjelasica
- Located on Mount Bjelasica near the back side of Biogradska Gora National park – accessible for hut-to-hut hiking on Bjelasica and Biogradska Gora National Park
- The Family Cabins on Mount Bjelasica – 40 euros per night each
- Gojko’s Cabin – wood burning stove downstairs with 4 twin beds upstairs – sleeps 4+1
- Gorica’s Cabin – wood cooking stove downstairs with 2 singles and 1 double upstairs – sleeps 4+1
- Private bathroom for each cabin
- Linens and towels are provided
- Raw wood gazebo outdoor sitting area
- Organic, national food meals available
- Hiking and mountain biking all around
- Basic English
- Part of the meanderbug.com hut to hut network
- Parking available on the property