Family travel or getting away with a bunch of friends to the beach can be great…but if you want a little more energy. A little more excitement. A little more fun to remember…then make plans for family canyoning at Stari Bar. For first-timers or families looking for adventure, this will be a forever memory.
The canyoning experience at Stari Bar is ideal for first-timers at canyoning. This adrenaline adventure is led by trained guides. Each guide wants every participant to have a blast, but also to finish the excursion safely. After all, the best newbie canyoning adventure is one that can whet your appetite and deliver you safely for your next canyoning adventure.
The excursion starts at Old Town Bar. This approximately three-hour canyoning experience offers a great opportunity for beginners or families. In addition to wet suits, this one also includes toboggan slides and a little rope work. Kids must be at least 9 years of age and accompanied by a parent. Group size may range from 2 to 15 people.
This canyoning experience starts at 70 euros per person. It is available for the duration of canyoning season from April through October.
Schedule for Family Canyoning at Stari Bar
- Meetup at 10:00 AM at Stari Bar – get outfitted
- Hike to canyon – arrive at 11:00
- Use the toboggan and ropes to descend 8 and 6 meter elevations
- May require some jumping and splashing along the way 🙂
- After completing the excursion, participants have a 10-minute hike to transportation
NOTE: Canyoning is dangerous. While it doesn’t require the most athletic participants, it does require both a commitment for participants to see it through and trained guides. You bring your willingness and resolve. We’ll bring the International Canyoning Organization for professionals (ICOpro) trained guides. You will need to sign a liability release form and attest that you are able to:
- Swim 50 meters
- Run 1 kilometer
- Verify a healthy physical condition
- Confirm you have been warned of risk and potential dangers
- Show that parent accompanies any minors under the age of 18
FEATURES OF FAMILY CANYONING AT STARI BAR
- Half-day canyoning adventure near Stari Bar, Montenegro
- Trained guide(s) with each group
- Group sizes range from 2 to 15 people
- Liability release forms for each participant (parent or legal guardian must sign for each minor)
- Orientation, training, coaching, and assistance as needed from guide
- Wetsuits, toboggans, ropes and gear are provided for the outing
- Transport back to starting point of excursion