Looking down over the deepest part of the famous canyon, the Kljajevica Orchard Over Tara Bridge offers a serene view of this natural phenomenon. Along with fantastic views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durmitor National Park and the Tara Canyon, this quiet farm stay also holds a bounty of goodness and beauty on its’ own. The fruit trees and green foliage could be the setting of any forested fairy-tale. And much of the orchard’s produce goes into making one of the region’s most popular family lines of rakija.
This farm and the area are about natural, organic goodness, the beauty of nature, and unthrottled adventure. The meals at the Kljajevica Orchard farm stay are organic, farm-to-table local dishes. Guests are likely to sample regional specialties including kačamak–a popular dish in northern Montenegro consisting of potatoes, homemade cheese, flour or corn meal, and fresh cream.
Guests can enjoy walks on the nearby Djordjevica Most or Tara Bridge, the longest and most famous bridge in the country. Also, rafting the Tara under the bridge and jeep tours around the ring of Durmitor are available through one of the Kljajevic family members. Then just 100 meters away, guests can try the best zip line in Montenegro.
Hiking in the area is superb. Part of the Durmitor area, the famous Black Lake and 48-peak Durmitor massif is only some 15 km away. This makes it an excellent place for those using car rental to take in so much that is available in the area. We recommend a multi-night stay to be able to see at least a modest amount of the natural beauty and participate in the many adventures in the area.
FEATURES OF THE Kljajevica Orchard Over Tara Bridge
- Located in the Tara Canyon near the Đurđevića Tara Bridge
- Located on the #1 and #13 scenic roads in Montenegro (P14) (P4)
- 15 km from the Durmitor National Park massif
- Kljajevica Orchard offers 2 apartments and a bungalow for rent
- Pear (Kruška) Apartment – a private room with 3 beds – 30 euros per night
- Plum (Šljiva) Apartment – a two-bedroom apartment with 5 beds – 50 euros per night
- Apple (Jabuka) Bungalow – a cozy separate structure with 2 beds – 20 euros per night
- The Kljajevica Orchard Farm Stay has two shared bathrooms for guests
- Linens and towels are provided
- Multiple outdoor sitting areas including a covered terrace
- Free access to the orchard
- Organic, national food meals available
- White water rafting in the pristine, cold waters of the Tara River
- Hiking and mountain biking all around
- Basic English
- Part of the meanderbug.com hut to hut network
- Parking available on the property