The peak of Bobotov Kuk reaches the highest point of the Durmitor massif and in all of Montenegro. Super rocky terrain, this hike requires previous mountaineering experience.
You will make your way from Sedlo, a long rocky valley decorated with glacial lakes, up toward the peak. You may spot some mountain goats enjoying the rocky terrain. The Bobotov Kuk summit offers amazing views of the whole of Durmitor below. See this UNESCO World Heritage Site from the top vantage point. After you take in the grandeur from the summit, your guide will bring you back along the same route or you can adventure on north toward Black Lake and the Durmitor Ice Cave.
Though not a technical climb, this scramble is not for first time hikers. Mountain hiking experience required.
FEATURES OF THE BOBOTOV KUK HIKE / SCRAMBLE
- One-day hike on Bobotov Kuk in Durmitor National Park
- Elevation: 1400 – 2523 meters; 4593 – 8288 feet
- Licensed mountain guide leading the expedition
- Ice cave optional (weather permitting)
- Space limited to 5 climbers