Biogradska is a must-visit destination for adventurers and nature lovers. The peaks and glacial lakes provide a dramatic nature scape. Suvodo Katun in Biogradska Gora National Park offers one of the gentler katun experiences for travelers. While this working katun has all the organic food goodness of our other katun partners, Suvodo has two sisters, Danka and Daliborka, that add an extra touch of beauty all around the property.
All of Suvodo Katun in Biogradska Gora National Park has been built by hand by the family. The same care goes into each farm to table meal that comes from fresh produce when in season or from the previous year’s canning when necessary. Guests here can enjoy hearty traditional mountain slow food. Vegetarian meals are also available.
Suvodo Katun is accessible by most vehicles making this a great option for a family travel multi-day stay to explore the park, an ideal hut-to-hut starting point, or even a launch point for driving to other sites to experience in Northern Montenegro.
FEATURES OF THE Suvodo KATUN IN BIOGRADSKA GORA NATIONAL PARK
- Located inside Biogradska Gora National Park on the road toward Sisko Jezero in Lubnice Opstina near two of the most scenic roads in Montenegro (R24, BT-TT3; E65)
- The Rakovic Katun consists of one cabin and two bungalows
- The Family Cabin sleeps up to 6 people – 50 euros/night
- Hiker’s Hut sleeps up to 2 people – 25 euros/night
- MTB Hut sleeps up to 2 people – 25 euros/night
- Organic, traditional meals available – food for kids 5 and under is free
- Outdoor and indoor eating areas
- Located inside the national park providing access to key points
- 45-minute hike to Sisko Jezero (glacial lake)
- 1.5-hour hike to Ursulovacko Jezero
- 2-hour hike to Pesic Jezero or the Crna Glava peak
- Oil lamps and candles for nighttime lighting
- Fresh mountain spring water on tap
- Bathroom with shower available for shared use
- Parking available on location
- Situated on the Via Dinarica hiking route
- Gravel road after Suvodo, but accessible by most vehicles