As a guest writer, you have an opportunity to reach a new audience or build a portfolio of work as a freelance writer. Our travel community is your platform for all things about the New Balkans – writings, photos and even videos.
What type of articles are we looking for?
Photo Essays, travel videos and, of course, travel writing. Our website is visual, therefore we look for posts that focus heavily on pictures. High quality photo essays work best. Articles with few or low quality photographs won’t do well on our site. These types of submissions will probably be turned down. Write about a destination, an inspiration or practical info piece. It is important that you submit your best work, considering it’s an opportunity to expose your name to a new audience for the first time.
Guest Writer Policies
- Material must be new, no previously published content. Photos previously used can be submitted within a collection.
- At no point can this content be used on your own website or any other website, unless first agreed upon (this policy exists because Google doesn’t appreciate duplicate content, nor do we want to compete directly with you on identical articles.)
- You are the copyright owner of the content, but give us publication rights.
- All posts needs to be at least 400 words. The best posts have lots of details and helpful tips and are between 600 – 1000 words.
- A minimum of 3 photos (at least 800px width, not stretched) must be provided with the content for an article, but we prefer more.
- Send the photos in an email.
- Keep images to a small file size so they load quickly, less than 400kb.
- You are responsible for the promotion of your content through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
- Provide your first name as you would like it to appear in the post.
- Provide a small bio to be included, 2-3 sentences. Profile picture is not required since it draws from Gravatar.
- Write your best stuff, not the stuff you don’t want on your blog.
- Use a collection of your best photos to really have the article take off – Photo Essays do best!
- We will alter your photo with text overlay and digital adjustments when posting on Pinterest.
Changes to the Post
We do reserve the right to make editing changes to your post, however they will usually remain minor. These include changing the title of the post, moving pictures around, adding links, adding keywords and adding or moving headings. This is all intended to assist in the promotion of your post.
Submitting Guest Post
Send your best guest post ideas below to our Editor, and she will try to reply within a week.