There are good places for fly fishing, there are great places for fly fishing, and then there is the Lim River in northern Montenegro. Year-round regional anglers make their way to Plav, Montenegro to experience the beauty of the area and the rush of pulling in a grayling or a massive huchen (Danube Salmon). It is the stuff of dreams for fishermen and women.
With its pristine waters, the Lim offers incredible visibility. The quiet running waters offer peaceful ambient noise while the surrounding Prokletije Mountains give a visual background making this a picture-perfect setting. Add in some of the best fly fish potential in the Balkan region with several endemic species and you have a fishing fairy tale–almost too good to be true. Almost.
The fish here will provide something for everyone from cold water riverine salmonids to lake dominant species. The species list includes grayling, hucho or huchen (Danube Salmon), various trout species (including the endemic and massive Marble Trout Salmo marmoratus), pike, and many more. This is the stuff of fish tales.
Fly Fishing in the Lim River Module Features
- One day fishing in the Lim River with a local guide from 100 euros
- Pickup from and return to nearby lodging or meet at local coffee shop
- Includes a day pass for fly fishing on the Lim River in an approved zone
- Flies and rods are provided
- Limited quantities and sizes of waders and boots available
- All fishing is catch and release