Situated in the Miljanov Valley, the Babovic Old House looks out toward mountains on all sides. It is a special place. The house and hosts provide a cozy atmosphere to take in the village life and Montenegrin wild beauty everywhere you look.
In the midst of the demands of village life, Ivana Babovic puts an extra splash of style both into her decor and cooking. She contrasts the traditional natural-wood walls and floors with vivid colors in her bed coverings and wall hangings.
For the national dishes, she pulls out all the stops going old school. Ivana prepares a wide range of local mountain fare, some more obscure and dating back hundreds of years like zatop or kavurma. In addition she brings to table the standards like nettle and cheese pita as well as kacamak. The Old House on the Babovic Farm offers a single digit of meters farm to table experience that is wholly organic, delicious, and beautiful.
In addition to enjoying the farm and village, travelers stopping here can explore the surrounding mountains including Komovi. In addition to hiking and mountain biking in the summer with Nordic skiing and snow shoeing in the winter, there is an unexplored cave nearby. Serious spelunking exploration here will require extensive gear and technical expertise.
Features of the old house in Miljanov Valley
- Located in the Andrijevica Opstina near some of the most scenic roads in Montenegro (BT-AN05 & BT-TT3; E65; M9)
- Babovic Old House in Miljanov Do (Valley) – 40 euros per night
- 1 bedroom with 4 single beds
- Kitchen with dining area
- Linens and towels provided
- Organic, national food meals are available
- Full access to the Babovic Farm, gardens, and livestock
- Terrace with mountain views
- Free parking on property
- Hiking, mountain biking, spelunking, Nordic skiing all around