Some locals have referred to the katun as the very essence of Montenegrin culture. Perhaps that makes Cakor Katun the heart of the essence of Montenegro’s heritage. This katun is a powerhouse for producing dairy products, fresh vegetables, and some outstanding farm to table national foods. Cakor offers a good launching or final destination point along the Katun Road for hut to hut hiking or mountain biking.
The Jokić Family has been doing life here for generations. All of the farming and cooking mastery have been passed down to Gordana, who is the smiling, but hardworking mama in charge of bringing goodness to life here.
Besides being a great start or finish point on The Katun Road thru-hike or MTB hut-to-hut adventure, it also is a good place to make home base for some day rides for MTBers or for some 4×4 off road outings.
FEATURES OF THE Cakor Katun and CAmpground
- Sleeps 6 with 3 separate structures sleeping 2 people each
- Organic farm to table national cuisine available
- Multiple seating areas outdoors for eating and gathering
- Indoor bathroom with shower and hot water as well as outdoor bathroom
- Running fresh spring water outdoors
- Lunch, dinner, and brown bag lunches available
- Opportunity to milk livestock, make cheese, learn traditional recipes, do katun life – all included
- On the Katun Road – thru-hiking & MTB destination
- Parking available on location
- Limited electricity available for charging electronic devices in hosts’ cabin via solar panels
- Asphalt road in good condition with easy dirt road access the last 100 meters