Locals know Jelovica as a pine forest area on one of the favorite local mountains. Travelers recognize it as a picturesque place. On Mount Bjelasica near the back side of Biogradska Gora National Park lies this unique pastoral area. Nestled by the Jelovica Creek, the Stojic Cabin offers a quiet retreat for family travel as well as hiking or MTB adventurers.
This cabin helps travelers connect with nature while still providing some advanced amenities. In front of the house, guests can use the stone constructed grill and enjoy their meals in the glassed-in gazebo which allows some air flow but provides protection against cold Spring or Fall winds. Or, guests can enjoy a cup of coffee sitting next to the Jelovica Creek. The Stojić Cabin also helps travelers experience a simpler way of life with katun-style bedding and simple toilet.
Guests can do their own cooking on a traditional mountain wood stove and oven as well as on the outdoor grill. Also, travelers can select meals to be provided by the host with farm fresh ingredients from their garden in nearby Lubnice Selo.
The Jelovica area provides easy access to Lubnica Village and the fire road leading to Crna Glava and one of the prettiest glacial lakes in Biogradska Gora National Park–Pesic Lake. This area is ideal for day outings to Northern Montenegro or as a base for hiking and MTB adventures in the area. Jelovica is situated on a fire road to Kolasin. While this fire road is in the process of being paved in the years ahead, travelers need to expect that the short route to Kolasin requires higher than normal vehicle clearance or guests can go around the long way on paved roads.
FEATURES OF THE Stojić Cabin by Jelovica Creek
- Located near Lubnice Village and the fire road to Crna Glava mountain peak and Pešića Jezero with access to Kolasin by fire road
- The Stojić wood cabin has a contemporary traditional look that fits well with the surrounding mountain and pine forest nature
- The cabin sleeps 5 with 2 downstairs and 3 upstairs with ladder access
- Organic, traditional meals available–breakfast-5 euros; lunch sack-4; dinner-6
- Two outdoor eating areas provide covered and open dining options
- Traditional wood-burning stove for heat and cooking
- Located near the national park providing access to key points
- 2.5 hour hike to Pešića Jezero
- 3 hour hike to Zekova Glava Peak
- 3.5 hour hike to Ursulovacko Jezero
- MTB routes available inside Biogradska Gora and in the surrounding village areas and other peaks
- Mountain fresh spring water on site
- Simple outhouse onsite
- Parking available on location
- Accessible by car on mostly paved roads when approaching from the Berane side, and accessible by 4×4, hiking, or mountain bike from Kolasin