Enjoy a canoe adventure near Podgorica in the crystalline Morača River. This half-day adventure paddles down one of the last large free-flowing rivers in Europe. With pristine waters that surge with snowmelt on a mostly unexplored waterway, this is a memorable nature adventure.
As the winter snow begins to melt, the water levels in the Morača rise to make the river passable with class II and III rapids depending on conditions. This makes an ideal opportunity for canoeing in some places that very few people have ventured. With mountains high above the Moraca canyon, impromptu waterfalls, a wide range of colors, and a combination of calm deep waters and shallow whitewater rapids, the views are spectacular.
This canoe adventure is ideal for couples or family travelers looking to do the unusual. The whitewater conditions, swimming, and cliff jumping make it exciting for all adventurer levels.
Some adventures are worth doing because they are memorable. Some because they make a difference. This canoe adventure partnership is with the ecological visionaries that are working to save the rivers and do environmental cleanup (including the 2019 60 km Eco Run on the Tara River). As part of Meanderbug’s commitment to responsible travel, we encourage travelers to book this adventure to spend time with difference-makers and to help support these activities moving forward.
Features of the Canoe Adventure Near Podgorica
- 2-hour adventure on the Moraca River – 11 km
- Canoe adventure launches in April, May, and June (water levels impact viability and whitewater conditions)
- Class II/III rapids
- Licensed guide to coach and accompany guests throughout the adventure
- Gear provided includes: canoe, paddles, helmet, wetsuit, water shoes
- Available for 2 to 10 adventurers
Requirements for the Canoe Adventure
- Adventurers must be able to swim
- Wear a swimsuit and bring a towel
- Sunscreen is suggested
- Should bring drinking water and an optional snack