Multi-day Tara River Rafting Expedition – Montenegro
The most fun you can have whitewater rafting in Montenegro!
Water lovers…this is for you! You can go rafting on the up-river section near the famous Tara (or Djurdjevina) bridge or experience the downriver rapid-intense section of the Tara River. But, if you have time and a love for adventure, we recommend exploring further. For those that want the full experience, we recommend the multi-day Tara River rafting expedition.
Book this adventure in advance to ensure that your dates are available.
Features of the Multi-Day Rafting Expedition
- Meals provided from dinner on day 1 through lunch on day 5
- Lodging provided (as outlined in the itinerary)
- Rafts, paddles, wetsuits, and water shoes provided
- With certified rafting guide throughout the multi-day rafting expedition
- Transfers from initial launch point included (additional transfers to and from adventure can be arranged with the Meanderbug team’s assistance)
- Durmitor National Park daily fees and taxes included
Itinerary for 5-day Tara River Rafting Expedition
- Day 1 – arrive in the Scepan Polje area for full traditional dinner, meet your guide, gear-up, and enjoy a night by the river (sleeping accomodations – private room and bathroom)
- Day 2 – enjoy breakfast riverside before a 2.5 hour scenic transfer to the starting location at Splaviste. Rafting highlights include the Tara Bridge, the Ljutica River (shortest river in Europe), natural springs, and grade II/III rapids. Opportunity to swim and relax at campsite in Radovan Luka. Camping in tents with more nighttime stars than guests can usually see in Europe. (30 km rafting)
- Day 3 – follow breakfast with a morning swim and then start down the river again. Take in the scenic beauties on this nature vista highlight day with plenty of adventure. Besides seeing the Bajlovića Sige Waterfall and swimming in the lake inside a hidden cave adventurers have a chance to jump off the old bridge near Tepca Village. The campsite for the night will be on the sandy beach shores of the Tara River. (17 km rafting)
- Day 4 – fill and gear up for the biggest adventure day. It is the biggest whitewater day on the Tara River. The day will cover 25 rapids with a III/IV class rating like the Boraovi, Celije, Vjernovici, and others. Your guide will prepare you and share key info along the route to improve your whitewater safety. This night will be spent riverside in the Scepan Polje area at the same locale as the first night. This means showers and normal bathroom facilities are back in the mix. (15 km rafting)
- Day 5 – take in one last hearty breakfast looking out over the Tara River. Take another swim and then gear up for the last leg of the adventure. This last stretch is shorter, but has a number of places for jumpers to do some cliff jumping. Upon reaching the finish point, a vehicle will transfer you back to the campsite for a final lunch, a final picture, and goodbyes to your new friends.
You must log in to post a comment.