The Eco Estate Under Bjelasica Mountain offers a great escape into the north of Montenegro with a majestic view of Bjelasica. Located near Bijelo Polje in the village of Ravna Rijeka, this family orchard has easy access by train or car. In this small village you can enjoy the orchards on the property, the neighbor’s dairy farm, and a one-of-a-kind wood artist that fashions animals out of unique twigs and limbs.
This farm stay home has been constructed by the Dulovic family and is being managed by the son, Dimitrije. He is working with other villagers to open up opportunities for travelers to enjoy his side of Bjelasica and the sleepy, artistic city of Bijelo Polje. Meanderbug is proud to partner with Dimitrije as he advocates for a better tomorrow for his city and region.
The Dulovic family works with neighbors to provide a full range of organic foods and beverages. Farm fresh eggs, fresh milk and cheeses, hot breads, and all the traditional national dishes and beverages are all standouts.
This is the tip of northern Montenegro. In the Ravna Rijeka area, travelers have all the beauty of a morning coffee looking up at the mountain. On the adventure side, everything is possible including hiking on the mountain and nearby, mountain biking, off road exploring, and world class spelunking in the nearby Djalovic Cave. Nature lovers can also enjoy foraging opportunities on Bjelasica. For winter travelers, this is an ideal spot for snowshoeing and cross country skiing.
FEATURES OF THE eco estate under Bjelasica mountain
- Located in Ravna Rijeka Village near Bijelo Polje
- Located near the #6 and #13 most scenic roads in Montenegro (E80, E65) (P4)
- Eco Estate under Bjelasica has 2 farm stay accommodations
- Mountain Chalet – 40 euros per night – sleeps up to 5 persons with a double and queen upstairs and couch on the ground floor
- Orchard Cabin sleeps 4 people with bedding for 2 upstairs, a pullout couch and extra roll away bed
- Wood burning stove as well as electric heat and air
- Kitchenette with dining area
- Heated bathroom with shower
- Organic, national food meals are available
- Full access to the Dulovic orchard and Bulatovic farms
- Terrace with mountain views
- Internet access
- Free parking on property
- Easy access by train
- Ideal launch or landing point for hut-to-hut adventures on Mt. Bjelasica including Biogradska Gora National Park
- Hiking, mountain biking, spelunking, Nordic skiing all around