Kljajevica Orchard Over Tara Bridge – Montenegro
Looking down over the deepest part of the famous canyon, the Kljajevica Orchard Over Tara Bridge offers a serene view of this natural phenomenon. Along with fantastic views of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Durmitor National Park and the Tara Canyon, this quiet farm stay also holds a bounty of goodness and beauty on its’ own. The fruit trees and green foliage could be the setting of any forested fairy-tale. And much of the orchard’s produce goes into making one of the region’s most popular family lines of rakija.
This farm and the area are about natural, organic goodness, the beauty of nature, and unthrottled adventure. The meals at the Kljajevica Orchard farm stay are organic, farm-to-table local dishes. Guests are likely to sample regional specialties including kačamak–a popular dish in northern Montenegro consisting of potatoes, homemade cheese, flour or corn meal, and fresh cream.
Guests can enjoy walks on the nearby Djordjevica Most or Tara Bridge, the longest and most famous bridge in the country. Also, rafting the Tara under the bridge and jeep tours around the ring of Durmitor are available through one of the Kljajevic family members. Then just 100 meters away, guests can try the best zip line in Montenegro.
Hiking in the area is superb. Part of the Durmitor area, the famous Black Lake and 48-peak Durmitor massif is only some 15 km away. This makes it an excellent place for those using car rental to take in so much that is available in the area. We recommend a multi-night stay to be able to see at least a modest amount of the natural beauty and participate in the many adventures in the area.
FEATURES OF THE Kljajevica Orchard Over Tara Bridge
- Located in the Tara Canyon near the Đurđevića Tara Bridge
- Located on the #1 and #13 scenic roads in Montenegro (P14) (P4)
- 15 km from the Durmitor National Park massif
- Tara Canyon Estate offers 2 apartments and a bungalow for rent
- Pear (Kruška) Apartment – a private room with 3 beds – 30 euros per night
- Plum (Šljiva) Apartment – a two-bedroom apartment with 5 beds – 50 euros per night
- Apple (Jabuka) Bungalow – a cozy separate structure with 2 beds – 20 euros per night
- The Kljajevica Orchard Farm Stay has two shared bathrooms for guests
- Linens and towels are provided
- Multiple outdoor sitting areas including a covered terrace
- Free access to the orchard
- Organic, national food meals available
- Whitewater rafting in the pristine, cold waters of the Tara River – 40 euros per person
- Jeep tours around the Durmitor Ring – 100 euros for up to 5 people (2 vehicles for a maximum of 10 people)
- Hiking and mountain biking all around
- Basic English
- Free WiFi for guests
- Part of the meanderbug.com hut to hut network
- Parking available on the property
We stayed for 3 days and nights and it was just spectacular! Danillo and his family are the kindest and most generous hosts and we felt like family the moment we arrived. The property is incredibly gorgeous and peaceful, filled with trees and green, and the little bungalow we stayed in was perfect with a nice clean shared bathroom just a few steps away. The food was delicious, homemade, local, culturally authentic and affordable. The Rakia is organic and homemade by them! We played with their adorable new puppy, incredibly friendly cat, and both enjoyed our privacy and spending time with family (sometimes google translate required but that was fun!). The location is perfect, just 10 minutes walking or 5 minute drive to Tara Bridge and the main city of Zablijak that is the jump off point for most natural excursions is about 25 minute or so drive. It was a nice balance of having our own little oasis of solitude but very close to all the main action. There are also some wonderful little local hikes to the river: one by the bridge that leads to a secluded spot, and the other passes by the monastery (the longer one) where we spent a nice morning with our host mother and a monk. Both are easy but not on the main maps so ask your hosts if you’re interested! Overall, we would like to express our gratitude to the family and Meanderbug for this wonderful experience that is now a beautiful memory of our lives.
Clean. Nice. Wifi.
Very nice to have a clean, nice play to stay with wifi and an easy check-in process. It is right across the street from the zipline – which is INCREDIBLE! Great place to stay! Thank you!
Food. WiFi. Great shower. Yes!
This location put us close to local activities including the zip line experience our group did. The food was good and plentiful, and everyone in our group of seven had a bed and slept comfortably in one unit. Nice to have wifi and a great shower to refresh us on the journey!
You must log in to post a comment.