Ideally positioned on a lookout point on the peninsula, The Old Mill on Lustica has epic views of Kotor Bay’s blue waters and spiraling mountains. It is an ideal getaway for a couple or friends. Guests experience centuries-old village tradition at this olive oil farm and the beaches and coastal life of Montenegro.
The Old Mill has a 300-year tradition of growing and pressing their own olives. It remains one of few working olive presses on the peninsula today. With so much history and experience, the Old Mill was featured on Jeff Corwyn’s Ocean Treks television program in 2017.
Jovan manages the farm with his family. A gracious host and life-long native of Lustica, he enjoys helping guests experience his homeland. He can help guests find the perfect beach, adventures, and share with them firsthand about Montenegro and her organic farm tradition.
Included in this farm stay experience are organic foods and beverages from The Old Mill. Guests will enjoy farm to table traditional dishes, cheese, olive oil, and homemade juices, wine, or brandy. This is the full cultural immersion. The Old Mill on Lustica holds out ideal nature, family farm, organic food, and hospitable people.
FEATURES OF THE Old Mill on Lustica Farm Stay
- The Old Mill on Lustica Farm Stay is 95 km from the Podgorica airport, 17 km from Tivat, and 67 km from the Dubrovnik, Croatia airport
- Cottage at the Old Mill
- Private entrance and cottage for up to 4 persons
- Kitchenette, bathroom, shower, dining area, wood-burning stove, private sunning area and grounds
- Meals available at Old Mill 200 meters, 2-minute walk
- Private parking at cottage
- Room at the Old Mill
- Private bedroom with exterior access for up to 2 persons
- Queen bed
- Full, private bathroom
- Multiple, large terraces and a Montenegrin guvno for outdoor conversation and dining
- Linens and towels are provided
- Organic, traditional coastal meals available with pre-order; ingredients sourced from the farm and local
- Access to sprawling olive grove, chickens, goats, horse, and gardens with opportunity to participate with family in daily farming activities
- Hiking nearby includes Lustica, Mount Orjen, Mount Vrmac, and the old Austrian Transversal Road
- Easy access by car to Boka Bay with nearby beaches including: Krasici, Rose, Zanjice, Miriste, Oblatno, and Plavi Horizonti beaches
- Access to Herceg Novi by water taxi
- Ideal launch point for exploration of the Montenegrin coastline and Lake Skadar
- Wifi access included
- Climate control with air conditioning
- English spoken
- Free parking