On the coastline of Montenegro sits the picturesque town of Petrovac. Above the growing bustle of this coastal town, lies the quiet village of Zukovica. Her spectacular views and organic farm to table foods beckon families and friends. Come enjoy a quiet place while taking in all the beauty and real culture of Montenegro at the Petrovac Village Family House looking out over the coast of Montenegro. This is the best of beach and village life.
This location is ideal for visits to the beaches at Petrovac or anywhere up and down the Montenegrin coastline as well as easy access to Skadar Lake. It offers an ideal launch point for Family Canyoning or increasing the adrenaline for the more intense Medjurecki Canyoning Adventure. After a day at the beach, sightseeing, or action-packed adventures, you can retreat to this quiet village to enjoy the terrace views, time with family and friends, as well as organic farm to table foods with one of the best views anywhere on the Montenegrin coastal paradise.
The beach is accessible by car in 10 minutes or by hiking 45 minutes down to the water. Also, the Transversal, an old Austrian road which used to provide horse and cart access for the military guarding against sea raiding invaders, lies behind the village. This “road” now provides long hike opportunities with access to places like the Kosmać Fortress or a bit further down to the iconic Sveti Stefan island.
At the top of the village Lazar and his family tend to their family gardens, vineyards, and animals. A former restaurateur, Lazar prepares breakfast and dinner for village guests with advance notice. This is one area where village life excels. Here farm to table rules. Lazar’s family specializes in the highly-valued local tradition of cooking meat, vegetables, and even bread on coals under an iron dome. You can enjoy izpod sača on the coast.
FEATURES OF THE Petrovac Village Family House
- The Petrovac Village Family House is 41 km from the Podgorica airport, 43 km from Tivat, and 98 km from the Dubrovnik, Croatia airport
- Located on the #9 scenic road in Montenegro (M2, M1)
- Zukovica Village sits above Petrovac looking out over the Adriatic
- 45 minute hike down to the beach
- 10 minute drive down to the coast
- 20 minute hike up to the Transversal or old Austrian road that provided continual lookout along the coastline
- 2 bedrooms with queen beds and 2 bedrooms with twin beds
- Multiple, large terraces with 2 on the upper level and 1 ground level terrace
- 2 bathrooms with showers
- Equipped kitchen
- Linens and towels are provided
- Organic, national food meals available in indoor/outdoor village “restaurant” with coastal views – 18 euros for dinner and breakfast
- Hiking along the coast possible on the old Austrian Transversal Road
- Easy access by car or foot to the Adriatic Sea
- Ideal launch point for exploration of the Montenegrin coastline and Lake Skadar
- Moderate English
- Free parking