If there is a forager’s forager, Milun and Nada Bozovic would very possibly be the Montenegrin candidates. They have subsisted for many years gathering herbs and mushrooms for use and for sale. On the early wave of rural tourism in Montenegro, they are offering their charmingly modest Serene Haven Farm Stay, knowledge of so many skills and traditions, mountain hospitality, and vast experience in the great outdoors collecting the earth’s ever-renewing goodness.
Glavaca Village lies on the majestic Bjelasica Mountain. In the most bio-diverse country in Europe, this is one of the key spots known throughout the country as a special place in nature.
Their cottage is a two-story with two in-line bedrooms and four beds total. Downstairs in the living room are two couches that can also be used for sleeping. While you will find a number of antique-type relics in the home, these are actually items still in use for the Bozovic family.
In addition to superb foraging possibilities, hiking and mountain biking options spread all over Bjelasica and other adventure options lie nearby.
Features of Serene Haven
- Two-story cottage located in Glavaca Village
- 2 in-line bedrooms upstairs with 4 single beds (3 / 1) and 2 couches in living area sleeping 6 total [stairs are steep and small]
- Mushroom drying facilities
- Full bathroom
- Full Kitchen
- Organic, traditional meals available
- Foraging experts that are happy to share their knowledge with others
- Free parking available on the farm
- Hiking and mountain biking opportunities in the area