Suvodo Katun in Biogradska Gora National Park – Montenegro
Biogradska is a must-visit destination for adventurers and nature lovers. The peaks and glacial lakes provide a dramatic nature scape. Suvodo Katun in Biogradska Gora National Park offers one of the gentler katun experiences for travelers. While this working katun has all the organic food goodness of our other katun partners, Suvodo has two sisters, Danka and Daliborka, that add an extra touch of beauty all around the property.
All of Suvodo Katun in Biogradska Gora National Park has been built by hand by the family. The same care goes into each farm to table meal that comes from fresh produce when in season or from the previous year’s canning when necessary. Guests here can enjoy hearty traditional mountain slow food. Vegetarian meals are also available.
Suvodo Katun is accessible by most vehicles making this a great option for a family travel multi-day stay to explore the park, an ideal hut-to-hut starting point, or even a launch point for driving to other sites to experience in Northern Montenegro.
FEATURES OF THE Suvodo KATUN IN BIOGRADSKA GORA NATIONAL PARK
- Located inside Biogradska Gora National Park on the road toward Sisko Jezero in Lubnice Opstina near two of the most scenic roads in Montenegro (R24, BT-TT3; E65)
- The Suvodo Katun consists of one cabin and two bungalows
- The Family Cabin sleeps up to 6 people – 50 euros/night
- Hiker’s Hut sleeps up to 2 people – 25 euros/night
- MTB Hut sleeps up to 2 people – 25 euros/night
- Organic, traditional meals available – food for kids 5 and under is free
- Outdoor and indoor eating areas available
- Located inside the national park providing access to key points
- 45-minute hike to Sisko Jezero (glacial lake)
- 1.5-hour hike to Ursulovacko Jezero
- 2-hour hike to Pesic Jezero or the Crna Glava peak
- Oil lamps and candles for nighttime lighting
- Fresh mountain spring water on tap
- Bathroom with shower and hot water available for shared use
- Parking available on location
- Situated on the Via Dinarica hiking route
- Gravel road after Suvodo, but accessible by most vehicles
Great for kids.
Very nice journey with horses riding. Great experience for kids
This is really one of a kind!
This is really one of a kind! it is a combination of great location – a point from which one can take several beautiful hikes, some are easy others require you are in good shape, because the elevation is a few hundred meters, up to a lake. the place itself is in nature, no electricity (unless they already got the solar panels they wish to get). but you have all you need with Danka being the perfect host, informative, good cook (the food is always in plenty, and is so fresh). She grows her own vegetables, and her own honey. all meals are in the family kitchen which is cozy and warm. it is a family ran place, very clean. So, if you are willing to share a bathroom with the family (its ok and very clean) if – sometimes – lack of hot water don’t worry you too much, and if you are apt for a real adventure – this is a perfect place. We were a group of 4 couples and we enjoyed every minute.
This is a very quaint location where we spent one night. Danka the daughter is very fluent in English so communicating was a snap. Her mom and dad are great people and we felt very welcome in their home. The food was awesome and we shared the meals with the family which was a great experience. That night I set up my camera and did some star photography which was awesome. The sky was so clear and the stars were incredibly bright. The stay was perfect and the people are super friendly. Would recommend this location.
An Excellent Place to Stay
Danka and her family were exceptional hosts. The food, the lodging, and the setting were outstanding. I would highly recommend this wonderful piece of paradise. Also, was great for our 3 young girls and they really enjoyed being there.
You must log in to post a comment.