Situated on the edge of the deepest canyon in Europe, the Tara Canyon Estate and Zip Line offers the best of nature, adventure, and organic foods. Looking out the window, guests can see the famous Đurđevića Bridge spanning the gorge. Featured in several movies, it is the longest bridge in Europe. The longest zip line in the country goes from the Tara Canyon Estate down under the bridge. Guests can also white water raft the Tara River with a local partner.
DISCOUNT AVAILABLE: multi-night stays qualify for a 10% discount on lodging and food. Discounts will be applied after order is placed. Zip line bookings through meanderbug already receive a 20% discount.
Hiking and mountain biking in the area are superb. Part of the Durmitor area, the famous Black Lake and 48-peak Durmitor massif is only some 15 km away. This makes it an excellent place for bikers and those using car rental to take in so much that is available in the area. We recommend a multi-night stay to be able to see at least a modest amount of the natural beauty and participate in the many adventures in the area. And be sure to take the zip line a time or two. Not only is it thrilling, it also gives a unique vantage point to see the canyon.
To fuel up before the nature and fun-filled days as well as to recover, organic ingredients are available for guests to harvest and cook with when in season. Better yet, we recommend letting the family prepare traditional foods for you so you can experience even more of the mountain hospitality and culture of the Montenegrin people.
During harvest season, you can join in with the family to pick the organic apples or harvest the super healthy Siberian blueberries (aronija). There is always something to do and learn for any that are interested in experiencing first-hand the permaculture aspect of mountain life in the mountains of Montenegro.
Features of the Tara Canyon Estate and Zip Line
- Located in the Tara Canyon with the Đurđevića Tara Bridge easily visible from most vantage points
- Located on the #1 and #13 scenic roads in Montenegro (P14) (P4)
- 15 km from the Durmitor National Park massif
- Tara Canyon Estate offers 5 rooms for rent as well as a separate cabin
- Tara Canyon Cabin – a one-room cabin for up to 4 people with private bathroom – 50 euros per night
- Tara River Room – a twin room (1-2 people) with shared bathrooms – 25 euros
- Durmitor Room – a triple room (1-3) with single beds and shared bathrooms – 35 euros
- Đurđevića Bridge Room – a triple room (1-3) with single beds and shared bathrooms – 35 euros
- Black Lake Room – a double room (1-2) with a queen bed and a private bathroom – 30 euros
- Bobotov Kuk Loft – a loft (up to 5 people) with a private bathroom – 50 euros
- The Tara Canyon Estate has multiple bathrooms including 2 bathrooms which are shared by guests in 3 rooms and private bathrooms for guests in the Tara Canyon Cabin, the Black Lake Room, and the Bobotov Kuk Loft
- Linens and towels are provided
- Common kitchen area available
- Common dining and game area
- Access to organic garden and orchards
- Organic, national food meals available
- Longest zip line (1050 meters) in Montenegro starts above the canyon and ends down under the Đurđevića Bridge with jeep transport back to the estate – book in advance on-line and receive a 20% discount off the standard 25 euro rate
- White water rafting and fly fishing in the pristine and cold waters of the Tara River
- Hiking and mountain biking all around
- Fluent English
- Part of the meanderbug.com hut to hut network
- Free wifi for guests
- Parking available on the property