The first TEDxKotor 2019 event, titled Reaching for the stars, is scheduled for the 5th of October at the Cultural Center “Nikola Djurkovic” in the Old Town of Kotor. This event will bring together internationally recognised experts, local TED enthusiasts, activists, business representatives and innovators.
Kotor is the third town in Montenegro to host a TEDx event, after Podgorica and Budva.
TEDx is an independently organized conference, licensed by the official TED media organization. The format is similar to the annual TED conference – speakers have 15-18 minutes to deliver intriguing talks on a diverse set of topics. TEDx talks are recorded and uploaded to the official TEDx talks YouTube channel that features over 3 billion views.
- Rainer Hoess – grandson of an Auschwitz commander, Rainer has devoted his life to fighting against any form of discrimination and facism
- Vladimir Vulic – renowned speaker and digital transformation strategist
- José Woldring – founder of The Media Nanny, one of the biggest PR agencies in EDM industry that represents Martin Garrix and David Guetta
- Piotr Prokopowicz – consultant and one of the minds behind Freenovation, organization that fosters innovation culture in Poland
- Jovana Stojanovic – theatre director and climate change activist
- Freddie Pearson – model, fitness entrepreneur and activist
- Fabian Dittrich – digital nomad, adventurist and entrepreneur
- Jelena Markovic – personal development coach who uses animated drawings to that address problems we rarely talk about
- Jovan Jovancevic – software engineer and avid chess player who will talk about creativity in AI environment
- Maja Raicevic – CEO of “Women’s Rights Center”, Montenegrin NGO that fights for women rights and gender equality
The event will be hosted by Marina Orsag, award-winning Croatian stand-up comedian who kickstarted shows all around the region that tackle hate, nationalism and discrimination through humor.
Whereas anyone in the world will get a chance to hear the talks, only the attendees will get a unique chance to connect with the speakers and ask them questions.
Speakers will be there the whole day and they are open to any form of interaction with the audience, as the whole idea is to spark new ideas, open a new world of possibilities – as TED’s official slogan says share Ideas Worth Spreading.
- Whole day access to the conference
- Lunch and refreshments
- Networking opportunities
TEDxKotor Tickets and Discounts
TEDxKotor Ticket: Standard rate is 30 euros per person
Student discount: Student tickets cost 20 euros per person. To get a student discount, please use coupon code student before checking out.
Corporate tickets: Perfect for businesses. Buy 5 tickets at the cost of 4. The refund will be issued for the extra ticket after purchase. Please include a note in the order what corporation your group represents.
For any questions, contact TEDxKotor team via email – firstname.lastname@example.org