Montenegro overflows with wild beauty. One unique way to see and experience this beauty is rafting on the rapids of the Tara River. Take in the 20 rapids and multiple waterfalls along the way.
You will bond with old friends or make new ones as you work together with your trained guide to navigate the ever-changing river. This river experience provides a high-energy outing that is also safe because of your guide’s training and certification.
Due to snow melt and Spring rains, the rapids are usually more demanding in April and May with class IV rapids while during the summer months it becomes a bit more subdued with a level III+ ranking.
After your 18 km rafting experience, you can peal off your wetsuit and grab a hearty national meal provided with local source ingredients. We encourage you to enjoy your meal time with friends Montenegrin style–slowly to savor each moment.
see more on Rafting Tara
Features of Whitewater Rafting on the Tara River
- 18 km of rafting with 20 rapids and waterfalls along the way – 48.6 euros per person
- Coaching by licensed guide who navigates the raft downriver
- Sterile wetsuit and boots
- Transport to launch point and return to base camp
- Hearty meal riverside after the rafting adventure with organic traditional foods
- Swimming and photography in the cold, cold Tara River is possible
Rafters should bring a swimsuit, dry change of clothes, and a towel. Also note that anything that goes with you downriver has a high possibility of being lost.