That ideal, quiet place in the heart of Montenegro is called the Djurdjevina Family Farm Above Moraca Monastery. This private farm stay is ideal for spending several days surrounded by nature to relax with dear ones or enjoy some local hiking or mountain biking. It is equal parts organic apples and mountain landscapes. And, it is also a perfect home base for exploring the mountain beauty of the north.
This farm is the property of the Jovanovic Family that has been here for generations and loved their land well. They have gone to great lengths to prepare and cultivate the land here in Djurdjevina Village for their family getaways. So much time and devotion are visible from the handmade wood stove to the handcrafted wood furniture. Now they are opening their family farm to outsiders for the first time. Along with the exclusive use of the family home, guests also have access to grilling equipment, the fruit trees, and vegetable garden. Also, there is opportunity to try the organic apple juice being bottled by a neighbor in the village.
Adventures from here can take many forms. Hiking the area is possible including a 20 to 30-minute hike to the Moraca Monastery. Also, a hike through the Mrtvica Canyon is possible with a short 12 km drive. Also accessible is Mt. Bjelasica and Biogradska Gora National Park. Durmitor and Prokletije National Parks are day-trip accessible by vehicle also. Trails in the area provide some short distance local hiking and MTB adventures.
Farm to table national organic foods are available via neighbors that partner with Goran and Zoran, the brothers that own the farm. Guests also have the opportunity to get fresh meat for grilling from the Jovanovic Family, which operates one of the top local butcher shops in the country.
Features of The Djurdjevina Family Farm Above Moraca Monastery
- This family farm in Djurdjevina Village sits approximately 1 km from Moraca Monastery – accessible by foot or car
- Located just off the #6 scenic road in Montenegro (E80, E65)
- The farm has a kitchenette, grill area and equipment, a full bathroom, three bedrooms (king size bed with traditional hay and corn stalk bedding with new foam mattress covers, king bed modern style, and a third bedroom with 3 single beds) – bedding for up to 7 people
- Farm to table meals available through pre-order (breakfast 6, sack lunch 4, dinner 6 euros per person)
- Linens and towels provided
- Private parking on the property
- Equipped kitchenette with indoor and outdoor dining options
- Grill available for guest use
- Intermediate English comprehension