Fern Farm is the creation of two artists. Drawing from his formative years in the village and the last decade as an expat having lived in both the western and eastern hemispheres, Ilija (aka Joey) designed his ideal country retreat. Fern Farm at Biogradska Gora National Park offers modern comforts combined with an accessible mountain vista.
The adventure and rest at Fern Farm is reflective of the international art professor and the boy who grew up with mountains for a playground. With the son’s design on paper, the artisan farmer and dad made the vision a reality. Velizar (aka Veljo) created the sculpture out of Joey’s sketches. Today, Fern Farm is an idyllic place to relax in a tranquil, mountainous nature setting.
Located in Štitarica Village near Biogradska Gora National Park, the Vuković family farm practices organic, multi-speciated farming and foraging mastery. With a knack for managing mountain life and capturing beauty along the way, the family enjoys a pastoral life along with adventures with varying levels of adrenaline.
Ultimately, Joey’s goal is to retire on Fern Farm and open it up for artists and truth seekers. For now, he continues his global adventures with returns to the Montenegrin mountains whenever possible and is always happy to interact with guests that are enjoying some of the beauty that inspires him and the Vukovic Family.
Fern Farm’s positioning is ideal for adventurers with hiking, mountain biking, and off-roading all being readily available. Also, the Vuković Organic Farm is ideal for a family adventure with middle school and older kiddos as the master bedroom is removed with an outside only entrance–making it a retreat within a retreat for mom and dad.
Fern FARM at Biogradska Gora FEATURES
- Located on the slopes of Stitarica Village near the main entrance to Biogradska Gora National Park, near Biogradsko Lake
- 2 separate cabins available (master bedroom or upstairs floors available as apartment rental):
- Sinjajevina Cabin – master bedroom, bathroom, terrace on the bottom floor; living area, bathroom, and terrace on second floor; and bedroom with 3 single beds and half bath on top floor
- Bjelasica Cabin – master bedroom, bathroom, terrace on the bottom floor; living area, bathroom, and terrace on second floor; and bedroom with 3 single beds and half bath on top floor
- Located near the #6 and #13 most scenic roads in Montenegro (E80) (P4)
- Organic meals available by Joey’s mom, Ljuba–and she is an artist in this domain
- Multiple gardens, orchards
- WiFi and XBox in each house
- Free parking available on the farm
- Hiking, biking; off-road access
- Fern Farm provides easy access to Biogradska Gora National Park and Mojkovac as well as Kolasin