Taste of Memory Farm to Fork Experience – Montenegro
There are a thousand pretty places in Montenegro, but there is only one Njegusi Village. This quaint village setting is the birthplace of Montenegro’s greatest hero–Petar II Petrović Njegoš. The houses maintain the traditional style with local rock and red roofs. The rocky terrain is an epic setting for a farm to fork experience that will combine the foods and setting fit for a ruler but available for a couple or family.
Milica and her family are warm and welcoming hosts. With English proficiency and a journalist’s knack for story, Milica is happy to share the narrative of her village. This, in turn, becomes the story of Montenegro. Through food, setting, and narrative guests can enjoy the real Montenegro through this farm to fork experience.
Guests will enjoy a range of foods that are prepared with locally sourced ingredients. Dinner options here include traditional Montengrin, Mediterranean, or a vegetarian family-style setting.
The Taste of Memory farm to fork experience is located between Lovćen National Park and the Bay of Kotor.
FEATURES OF Taste of Memory Farm to Fork in Njegusi Village
- Farm to fork family dinners are usually served 7 to 9 PM with reservations – from 15 euros per person
- Locally sourced organic ingredients from Milica’s family gardens and from neighbors in Njegusi Village
- National foods or Italian-themed fusion dishes
- All foods served based on produce that is in season
- Beverages include homemade wine, juice, and/or seasonal harvest infused water, domaca coffee, and/or organic foraged tea blends
- Can accommodate most special dietary needs including vegetarian or gluten-free (put necessary info in comments when ordering)
- Open tour of the farm
Meanderbug farm stay and farm to fork modules present the best in responsible travel options for travelers that want to experience local and organic. Learn more about farm to fork in Montenegro.
You must log in to post a comment.