Fly fishing opportunities for trophy trout in Montenegro largely remain a secret. With improving river management, amazing nature, and several endemic species in the north, things are changing. Now is the time to start planning your trip to this up and coming fly fishing destination. Experience an epic fly fishing adventure in the land known for its wild beauty.
During this adventure, you will be on some of the best waterways in the Balkans. Here you will fish for the massive hucho (danube salmon) grayling, and a range of other trout species (including the endemic and massive Marble Trout Salmo marmoratus). You can also target a range of other species including salmon, nase, pike, barbel, and more.
This fly fishing adventure starts with a day wading in the amazing Lim River. The second day of fishing is by boat on Lake Plav. The third fishing day is the fisher’s selection with a return to either of the previous two days or a trek to one of our guides’ hidden spots on other rivers. In short, it is 3 days of fly fishing paradise.
Your adventure starts at the airport with a vehicle rental and a GPS. We have marked some spots on the GPS worth checking out along the journey to the north. You will take in a LOT of Montenegro’s legendary bio-diversity along the way. Your lodging will be in a nearby village on a local farm or orchard. You will experience the goodness of Montenegrin agritourism with copious amounts of organic farm to table national food and beverage. And the ever-gracious Montenegrin hospitality will be a constant all during your Montenegro fly fishing adventure.
Day 1 – rental delivered at airport (TGD or TIV), 4×4 sight-seeing journey to agritourism accomodations
Day 2 – Fishing in the Lim River
Day 3 – Fishing by boat on Lake Plav
Day 4 – Traveler’s choice between the Lim River, Lake Plav, or a remote river
Day 5 – return to airport, possible sight-seeing or time on the beach depending on airport and time of flight departure
Features of the Fly Fishing Adventure in Montenegro
- 3 full days of fishing with guides and license in rivers and lakes with endemic species
- Rods, reels, flies, and all other necessary tackle will be provided; waders and boots are limited – (confirm availability of waders if needed)
- All fishing is catch and release
- Dacia Duster 4×4 or similar rental vehicle with GPS and insurance (one tank of fuel included)
- Lodging in village farm cabin (picture of lodging is representative, but may not be actual based on availability)
- Local farm to table organic national food and drink
- Montenegrin style barbecue on the last day
- Phone provided for local use and data so that we can provide immediate support as needed
- Additional customization is welcome, we have designed a modular system to be able to best serve customer needs and expectations. Contact us for modifications of this package.