Maya’s cozy Sunlight Cottage offers a quiet resting place with easy access to the frenetic pace in the lakeside town of Virpazar. Located on the Djurisic Family Estate in Zabes Selo, Maya’s place has a surrounding mountain vista which offers an idyllic sunset.
The Sunlight Cottage has the modern essentials including air conditioning and WiFi. In keeping with the Montenegrin culture which places a high value on slow meals and long coffees, the cottage has a space to eat inside and outside on the terrace.
After a day out on the water or exploring the region, a time to sit and soak in a sunset is in order. And, if you really want to experience the local culture, then order the dinner to go with your stay. The Djurisic family is famous throughout the region for their smoked fish and there is a good chance this will be part of your meal. Meal also includes other farm to table, locally sourced foods from the Djurisic family garden.
Sunlight Cottage guests can book a boat outing on the lake with Maya’s sister, Maria. Going by boat is the best way to see the wetland area teaming with life. This is what makes Skadar Lake such a destination point.
Features of Maya’s Sunlight Cottage Near Virpazar
- Maya’s Sunlight Cottage – sleeps 2+1 – 40 or 50 per night depending on the season
- Located 1.2 km from Skadar Lake in the historic Zabes Selo or Village, adjacent to Virpazar
- Located near the #4 and #9 scenic roads in Montenegro (P16) (M2, M1)
- Breakfast included for Meanderbug guests
- Lake and farm to table dinners are available – 20 euros per person (includes a 5 euro per person discount for Meanderbug clients at time of booking)
- Linens and towels provided
- Free WiFi
- Private parking area on the Sunlight Cottage property
- Air conditioned
- Equipped kitchenette with indoor and terrace dining area
- Moderate English
This area is an ideal location for nature-loving travelers. See other great Zabes Selo farm stay options.