Turn back time. The Katun Road in northern Montenegro opens up an area that is mostly undiscovered by outsiders. Access is possible on foot, mountain bike, or those committed to a lengthy off-road excursion. Adventurers here will enjoy some isolated adventure with locals in katuns waving excitedly along the way. One place for an overnight stay and a pile of food village style is the Mokri Do Eco Katun for Hikers. Of course, they gladly welcome mountain bikers and off-road enthusiasts as well.
Travelers here will be the guests of the Buckovic Family. They have been doing summer life here for a lot of years now. They will take care of the food (which is spectacular) and arrange for you to stay at a neighbor’s property. There are places for six people to sleep on bedding, but tents can be pitched in the area as well.
This thru-hike adventure is not in any of the travel journals yet. So for the first explorers, let’s plan to get you on the trail. We’re glad to help arrange some great food, a place to rest, and a spot to enjoy the local life along the way.
Features of the Mokri Do Eco Katun for Hikers
- Sleeps 6 with 3 separate structures sleeping 2 people each
- Organic farm to table national cuisine available
- Multiple seating areas outdoors for eating and gathering
- Outdoor bathroom facilities
- Running fresh spring water outdoors
- Lunch, dinner, and brown bag lunches available
- Opportunity to milk cows, make cheese, learn traditional recipes, do katun life – all included
- Half-day guided horseback riding on nearby trails with traditional Montenegrin saddles – 15 euros per person
- Hiking with foraging available with local expert – 30 euros for the group
- On the Katun Road – thru-hiking destination
- Parking available on location
- Electricity available for charging electronic devices in hosts’ cabin via solar panels
- Removed from society with dirt/gravel road access – road is in very poor condition in places